Department of Forensic Medicine
- Introduction of Department
- Facilities of Department
- Faculty Members
- Faculty Residents
- SOP files
- Teaching Rosters
- Syllabus details
- Competency based under Graduate
- Departmental Activities
The Department of Forensic Medicine is situated on the ground floor of Dr. B.C. Roy Para clinical block. The department is well equipped from teaching as well as medico legal point of view. The department has its own museum, library, laboratory, room for examination of skeletal remains and rooms for faculty, residents. There are about 50 mounted specimens, 100 weapons, 200 Toxicology specimens, wax models, laminated charts and bones arranged on racks in the museum. The main attraction of this department is its mortuary situated in a separate autopsy complex with ultra modern autopsy tables, equipments and mortuary chambers for preserving dead bodies. The mortuary has sitting capacity for about 200 students.
Vision, Mission and Core values
- To provide best medico legal services to the investigating agencies, judiciary and the people of Himachal Pradesh.
- To overcome the shortage of Forensic Medicine experts in the state ; Post Graduation i.e. MD (Forensic Medicine) has already been started in the department so that every district head quarter should have at least one Forensic Medicine expert to supervise the medico legal work.
- To further strengthen and provide round the clock mortuary services after obtaining necessary permissions.
- To establish a separate Clinical Forensic Medicine unit, Histopathology Laboratory, Anthropometry Lab, Toxicology Lab and facility of Radiology / X-ray so that all the medico legal services may be provided under one roof.
- To fully computerize (to make online) the medico legal post mortem reports.
- To prepare a State medico legal manual with the guide lines to deal with Medico Legal Issues in a uniform manner throughout the state.
- To start training programmes in Medico Legal work for Medical officers posted in peripheral Hospitals.
- To start training programmes/workshop for police persons / investigating officers of police regarding medico legal aspects of investigation.
Department has all the facilities for teaching and training of undergraduate and postgraduate students in the subject of Forensic Medicine like museum, library, laboratory, room for examination of skeletal remains etc. There are about 50 mounted specimens, 100 weapons, 200 Toxicology specimens, wax models, laminated charts and bones arranged on racks in the museum.
The facility of preserving six dead bodies in the mortuary chambers/cooling chambers is available.
Forensic Medicine faculty and the residents are involved in all types of medico legal work. Department is involved in doing medico legal autopsies in cases of hospital deaths in DRPGMC Tanda , cases falling under the police jurisdiction of Police Station Nagrota Bagwan and the cases referred for autopsy from other hospitals in Kangra and adjoining districts.
|#||Photo||Name||Qualifications||Designations||Email ID||Date of Joining||Awards|
|1||Dr. Vijay Arora||
MBBS, MD (Forensic Medicine)
|Professor and Heademail@example.com||04-Oct-2011|
|2||Dr. Susheel Sharma||
MBBS, MD (Forensic Medicine)
|#||Name||Qualification||Date of Joining|
|1||Dr. Heena Sharma||
|#||Name||Date of Joining|
|1||Dr. Saurbh Sharma (GDO)||17-May-2018|
|2||Dr. Vipul Parmar (GDO)||29-May-2018|
|3||Dr. Tushar Saini(GDO)||24-May-2019|
|#||Name||Number of labs|
|1||Forensic Medicine Lab||1|
Competency based under graduate curriculum
Department Highlights (Past 5 Years)
Department is involved in teaching, training and medico legal activities.
Doctors of the department have presented medico legal topics in the clinical meetings/CPCs in the months of August and December,2019.
Doctors from the department have presented two papers in the Annual Conference of PAFMAT held at GMCH, Chandigarh in the months of November, 2019.
Two papers by the faculty and residents have been published in the Journal of PAFMAT in the year 2019.
Training of BAMS students of RGGPG Ayurvedic College, Paprola, District Kangra is proposed to be held in the month of April 2020