Department of Pharmacology
- Introduction of Department
- Facilities of Department
- Faculty Members
- Faculty Residents
- Syllabus details
- Competency based under Graduate
- Department Publications
Department of Pharmacology & Therapeutics is a postgraduate department situated on third floor of Para- Clinical Block along with Department of Community Medicine. Department has spacious cabins for faculty and staff besides having several laboratories, library, museum, demonstration room and office etc. It is equipped with state of the art equipments for teaching and carrying out research in various fields of pharmacology and therapeutics.
The department is running undergraduate medical (MBBS) course for 100 students and postgraduate (MD) course for 3 students every year.
Adverse Drug Reaction Monitoring Center under aegis of Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission IPC-PvPI (Ghaziabad U.P.) was established in 2013.
The vision of the Department of Pharmacology is to
- Be a recognized and distinguished unit in the field of pharmacology and therapeutics.
- Improve learning and education of pharmacology in integrative manner with basic medical sciences in the medical college.
- Become a top-ranked research-intensive academic center in the disciplines of Pharmacology in India and beyond.
- Prepare the under and postgraduate students for their future success in life through a host of up-to-date courses in Pharmacology
- Develop a rigorous scientific attitude so that they can serve the Medical and other Health-related professions in the best possible way, thereby improving the quality of life.
- Inspiring Education: Develop exceptional, innovative and diverse pharmacy leaders and scientists.
- Discovering Solutions: Advance the science, development, implementation, and outcomes of safe and appropriate treatments.
- Serving People and Communities:
- Promote the health and well-being of the public, locally and globally.
Our mission, vision and strategic plan must reflect the values that define the unique identity and character of our School.Respect, integrity, diversity and community are at the heart of our enterprise.
We believe in:
- A Passion for Discovery and Learning
- Excellence in Every Endeavor
- Integration and Synergy of Research and Education
- The Quality and Breadth of Our Academic Programs
- An Essential Partnership of Students, Faculty and Staff
- Cultivating Strong, External Collaborations
- Embracing Diverse Perspectives, Beliefs and Cultures
- Celebrating Scholarship, Achievements and Successes
- Serving for the Greater Good of Society
Department has all the facilities for teaching and training of undergraduate and Postgraduate students of Pharmacology.
|#||Photo||Name||Qualifications||Designations||Email ID||Date of Joining||Awards|
|1||Dr. D.K. Kansal||
|Professor and Head||Dinesh.firstname.lastname@example.org||18-07-2008||
Bharat Vidya Rattan
|2||Dr. Atal Sood||
|3||Dr. Sushma Sawaraj||
|#||Name||Qualification||Date of Joining|
|2||Dr. Neetu Bala||
|3||Dr. Binny Mahendru||
|#||Name||Date of Joining|
|1||Dr. Arun Kumar Negi||03-05-2018|
|2||Dr. Ajay Kumar||03-05-2019|
|7||Dr. Satwinder Chauhan||09-07-2020|
|8||Dr. Sonu Thakur||09-07-2020|
|9||Dr. Gaurav Sharma||01-09-2020|
|10||Dr Ajay Kumar|
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/html/wp-content/themes/rpgmc-child/single-departments.php on line 444
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/html/wp-content/themes/rpgmc-child/single-departments.php on line 463
The Department is imparting knowledge of Pharmacology to Second Prof. year MBBS students. Second Year Batch remains with the Department in Third, Fourth and Fifth Semesters after that the students are examined. Post graduation i.e. MD in Pharmacology being Started.
|#||Name||Number of labs|
|1||Pharmacy Lab: For UG and PG Training||1|
|2||Experimental Lab: For UG and PG Training||1|
|3||Clinical Pharmacology Lab: Well equipped For UG and PG Training||1|
Competency based under graduate curriculum
Department Highlights (Past 2 Years)
Won first prize for Quiz at 38th National Workshop on Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics (NWCPT-2019), Department of Pharmacology, PGI Chandigarh; Dr. Arun Kumar Negi, Dr. Nitin Patiyal and Dr. Kunwar Shailen Dev Singh Guleria; PG residents
Comparison of safety & efficacy of Sacubitril/Valsartan with telmisartan monotherapy in patients of Heart Failure with reduced ejection fraction (HFrEF) Kunwar Shailen Dev Singh Guleria of pharmacology department Won 2nd Prize for paper presentation in Andhra Pradesh Pharmacologists Society (APPS) APPSCON 2020 organized by Kurnool Medical College, Andhra Pradesh.
Dr. Ajay Kumar (Junior Resident-III) won 1st prize (cash prize) in Quiz competition held during BGCP 2021 National Symposium on Bioethics and Good clinical practice organized on 27 & 28th September 2021 (Virtual mode) by SRM Medical College Hospital & Research Institute, Kattankulathur, Chengalpattu, Chennai.
Prajapati H, Kansal D, Chaudhary U K. Pattern of adverse drug reaction in rural tertiary care medical college and hospital of Himachal Pradesh: A retrospective observational study. Indian Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, January-March, 2018;5(1):4-6.
Kumar A, Kansal D, Chaudhary U K. Retrospective observational study of antimicrobial drugs utilisation in medical ICU in a tertiary care teaching hospital of Himachal Pradesh. IP International Journal of Comprehensive and Advanced Pharmacology, July-September, 2017;2(3):93-98..
Organized CME on Pharmacovigilance at Dr. RPGMC Kangra at Tanda in October 2013
Organized CME on Haemovigilance at Dr. RPGMC Kangra at Tanda in April 2014
Organised CME on GCP at Dr RPGMC TANDA on 12th April, 2019.