Department of Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- Introduction of Department
- Facilities of Department
- Faculty Members
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology started functioning at Dr. RPGMC Kangra from October 2019 with a single faculty member, Dr. Swatantra Gupta.
Gastroenterology and Hepatology is sub-specialty of Medicine and there is little awareness in general public of various disorders/diseases covered by the specialty.
Some of these disorders are: Upper GI bleed, Peptic ulcer disease, Dyspepsia, Dysphagia,
Lower GI bleed, Chronic Diarrhoea, Irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative colitis, Microscopic colitis, Celiac disease, Tropical sprue, Acute Pancreatitis, Recurrent Acute Pancreatitis, Chronic Pancreatitis , Ascites ,Abdominal Tuberculosis ,Acute Hepatitis (Hepatitis A, B and E related) Jaundice, Alcohol related Liver diseases, Chronic Hepatitis B, Chronic Hepatitis C, Wilson’s disease, Autoimmune hepatitis, Cirrhosis and its complications including Ascites, Hepatic encephalopathy, variceal bleed and Hepatocellular Carcinoma.
Short term vision of Department:
To start following in due course
- ERCP in patients with Choledocholithiasis for stone extraction and ERCP and CBD stenting in CBD Stricture, CBD leak, Cholangitis. Biliary SEMS placement in Malignant Biliary stricture.
- EUS (Endoscopic Ultrasound) as diagnostic procedure in patient with cystic swelling of pancreas and extrahepatic biliary obstruction and EUS guided Fine needle aspiration/Sampling in Cystic lesions of pancreas and Peripancreatic lymph nodes.
- Capsule Endoscopy for small bowel evaluation
Long term vision of Department:
To start following facilities
- Double balloon/Push Enteroscopy for small bowel evaluation
- Gastric balloon placement for Morbid obesity
- Esophageal Manometry in patients with suspected esophgeal motility disorders.
- Rectal manometry in patients with defecatory disorders.
- Biofeedback therapy in patients with Defecatory disorders.
- Gastroenterology Laboratory : Hydrogen/Lactose breath studies for malabsorption syndrome, D-xylose test, Fecal Elastase, 72hrs Stool fat estimation
- Third space Endoscopy
- To be a part of well-designed research projects/trials
- To provide state of the art Gastroenterology and Hepatology services to the people of this region.
- Diagnostic Endoscopy in cases of Dyspepsia, Dysphagia, pain abdomen, Recurrent vomiting.
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy for various causes of Upper and Lower GI bleed which includes APC application, Local adrenaline injection and hemoclip application. Variceal band ligation for variceal bleed and Cyanoacrylate Glue injection for fundal varix.
- Diagnostic Upper GI Endoscopy and Duodenal fold biopsy in patients with chronic diarrhoea.
- Diagnostic Colonoscopy in patients with bleeding per Rectum, Diarrhoea, suspected Colonic malignancy.
- Esophageal stricture dilatation for esophageal stricture due to Corrosive injury, post radiation fibrotic stricture, Post surgery anastomotic stricture and Peptic stricture.
- CRE (Controlled radial expansion) balloon dilatation for Gastric outlet obstruction in pyloroduodenal and duodenal strictures.
- Polypectomy (Cold Snare and hot snare) in patients with Gastric and Colonic/Rectal Polyps.
- Esophageal SEMS placement in Malignant Esophageal strictures with Absolute dysphagia.
- Endoscope guided Nasogastric tube placement in patients with dysphagia as temporary feeding measure. Endoscope guided Nasojejunal tube placement in patients with Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis.
- PEG (Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy) Tube placement in patients who require long term Nasogastric feeding or having dysphagia due to neurological illness or in altered sensorium due to stroke or head trauma.
- Fibroscan in diagnosing degree of fibrosis in patients with chronic liver disease and degree of steatosis in Fatty liver disease.
|#||Photo||Name||Qualifications||Designations||Email ID||Date of Joining||Awards|
|1||Dr. Swatantra Gupta||
MBBS, M.D. (General Medicine),
D.M. (Gastroenterology AIIMS Delhi)
|2||Dr. Baldev Singh Rana||
|3||Dr Vikas Banyal||
MBBS, M.D. (General Medicine)
|4||Dr Amandeep Raghuvanshi||
MBBS, M.D. (General Medicine)
|#||Name||Number of labs|