Department of Dentistry
- Introduction of Department
- Facilities of Department
- Faculty Members
- Faculty Residents
- Department Publications
Dentistry is the branch of medicine that is involved in the evaluation, diagnosis, prevention, and surgical or non-surgical treatment of diseases, disorders and conditions of the oral cavity, maxillofacial area and the adjacent and associated structures and their impact on the human body. Dentistry is widely considered necessary for complete overall health. Those who practice dentistry are known as dentists. The dentist's supporting team aides in providing oral health services, which includes dental assistants, dental hygienists, and dental technicians.
Department of dentistry was established as a part of Medical College in 1997. Department lies on the 2nd floor of OPD block occupying the part of left wing of the 2nd floor. There is one procedure room, dental lab, Minor OT, record room, reception area and enough patient waiting area.
The department intends to improve dental procedures with the use latest technology for painless dental services, which will improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the practice. With a formidable infrastructure in place and committed & high-caliber professionals at all levels, we will be fully geared up to take advantage of the emerging trends in dentistry.
It is our vision to strive to remove barriers that seem to get in the way when it comes to a patient’s ability to maintain a healthy smile. The Dentistry Team is constantly working to discover new ways to break through these barriers so that each and every one of our patients can achieve the smile they deserve!
It is our mission to exceed expectations by providing exceptional dental care to our patients and at the same time, building relationships of trust with them. We are passionate about what we do and we want our patients to feel confident that they will receive the best care dentistry has to offer.
This department is always trying to work for the patient welfare, quality and satisfactory treatment.
The following services are provided:
- Diagnostic Examinations: evaluating existing conditions to determine the required dental treatment. Examples: initial oral examination, complete x-ray survey, comprehensive dental and health history, comprehensive periodontal exam, comprehensive tooth by tooth evaluation, and teeth cleaning.
- Preventive Care: taking care to avoid or minimize the risk of serious abnormalities and diseases. Examples: prophylaxis (or teeth cleaning), space maintainers, and topical application of fluoride.
- Corrective Treatment: working to ensure optimal dental health. Examples: amalgam, and composite resin fillings and crowns.
- Diagnosis and treatment of premalignant lesions and conditions; early diagnosis of oral cancers. Treatment of oral ulcers, red and white lesions and oral ulceration due to autoimmune disorders.
- Treatment of tempromandibular disorders and Myofacial Pain Dysfunction syndrome.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: performing minor and major oral surgical procedures including preoperative and postoperative care.
- MINOR SURGICAL PROCEDURES: tooth extraction, impactions ,tissue biopsy and drainage of oral infections, apicoectomy
- MAJOR SURGICAL PROCEDURES: Management of maxillofacial trauma (Road side trauma) like mandibular, maxillary, zygomaticomaxillary complex fractures, Lefort I, Lefort II, Lefort III fractures. Treatment of cysts and benign tumors of the jaws.
- Periodontics: oral prophylaxis (treatment of the gums).
- Endodontics: root canal treatment to treat abscessed teeth.
- Prosthodontics: constructing, replacing, or repairing of fixed bridges, removing partial dentures, complete dentures, crowns, and implant restorations.
|#||Photo||Name||Qualifications||Designations||Email ID||Date of Joining||Awards|
|1||Dr Naveen Sharma||
BDS, MDS Prosthodontics
|2||Dr Amarjeet Singh Chadda||
BDS, MDS (Prosthodontics)
|#||Name||Qualification||Date of Joining|
|1||Dr Sukhvinder Singh Rana||
BDS, MDS (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery)
|2||Dr Neera Ohri||
BDS, MDS (Oral Medicine and Radiology)
|#||Name||Date of Joining|
|1||Dr Vandana Sharma||29-08-2013|
|2||Dr Sangeet Sharma|
|3||Dr Aman Abrol|
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/html/wp-content/themes/rpgmc-child/single-departments.php on line 444
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/html/wp-content/themes/rpgmc-child/single-departments.php on line 463
|#||Name||Number of labs|
Competency based under graduate curriculum
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/html/wp-content/themes/rpgmc-child/single-departments.php on line 517
Department Highlights (Past 2 Years)
Rana SS, Arya S. Sialolithiasis of the Wharton’s duct - Report of 3 cases. J Adv Med Dent Scie Res 2017;5(11):108-111
Rana SS, Arya S. Chondroid Syringoma of Upper Lip- An Unexpected Diagnosis. Int J Res Health Allied Sci 2017;3(6):13-15.
Rana SS. Auto transplant of Impacted Maxillary Canine with Extraoral RCT - A Case Report. Int J Res Health Allied Sci 2018; 4(3):72-75.
Rana SS, Ohri N. Double mesiodens in mixed dentition period: Report of 3 cases. SRM J Res Dent Sci 2018;9:125-9.
Rana SS, Ohri N. Schwannoma of the base of the tongue mimicking fibroma. SRM J Res Dent Sci 2018;9:202-4.
Rana SS, Ohri N. Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma of Buccal Mucosa- A Case Report. Int J Res Health Allied Sci 2019; 5(3):9-11.
Rana SS, Ohri N, Abrol A. Surgical Management of Mandibular Recurrent Odontogenic Keratocyst- A Case Report. Int J Res Health Allied Sci 2019; 5(4):13-15.
Rana SS. Pattern, Etiology and Management Of Mandible Fracture in the Lower Himalayas Region Of State of Himachal Pradesh . Int J Res Health Allied Sci 2019;5(5):122-129.
Abrol A, Ohri Neera, etal. Comparison of shear bond strength of three adhesive liner to nanocomposite an in vitro study. International J of current research, 11,(10), 7875-79.
Ohri N et.al. A case report on infantile hemangioma. Int J Health Sci Res. 2018; 8(11):322-325.