Department of Microbiology
- Introduction of Department
- Facilities of Department
- Faculty Members
- Faculty Residents
The development of Microbiology as a scientific discipline dates from Louis Pasteur (1822-95). A number of scientists from this field have been awarded Nobel Prize, which is evidence of the positive contribution made to human health by the science of Microbiology. Medical Microbiology is that section of Medicine which deals with the study of microorganisms and their role in human health and diseases
The second government Medical College (Dr. RPGMC, Kangra at Tanda) of the state was established to cater to the needs of people of the district Kangra and other surrounding districts. The department of Microbiology was setup in November, 1997.Department of Microbiology is located in the left wing of 2nd floor of Dr. B.C. Roy, Para clinical Block.
- To provide state-of-the-art diagnostic Microbiology services for the diagnosis of various infectious diseases
- To achieve excellence in medical education and research activities .
- To provide service effectively as measured by cost and turn around time.
- To do innovative research appropriate to the local needs.
- To provide round the clock emergency services pertaining to DRPGMC&H Kangra at Tanda and to adjoining health institutes.
- To incorporate new curriculum for UG/PG as per MCI guidelines which includes newer concepts in teaching like micro teaching , E teaching and development of skill labs.
- To upgrade clinical lab services by getting accreditation of labs by NABL and setting up at least one BSL –III level laboratory.
- To integrate laboratories to OPD/IPD/remote areas by use of telecommunication facilities.
- To be able to meet the requirement of additional manpower keeping in view expanding workload of laboratory staff and faculty.
- To facilitate research development by optimum use of central research facilities along with collaboration with other research centres.
- To encourage faculty members and ministerial staff for research projects.
Our Mission is to develop compassionate and ethically sound health professionals and to provide service of the highest order across the health care continuum, through
- Innovations in education that yield lifelong learners and leaders in health care.
- Original research in basic sciences and patient oriented discoveries.
- Encouraging creative young minds to reach their fullest potential.
- Clinical transformation across the organization that is patient centred, safe, effective, accountable and transparent.
- Emphasis on quality and value in all endeavours.
- To uphold truth, integrity, honesty, tolerance, and accountability as our guiding principles.
- To promote creative, innovative and inventive research in Medical Microbiology for the benefit of all.
- To develop meritocracy and teamwork in research and practice.
- To nurture responsible professionalism through a culture of mentorship.
- To practice good management of resources in training and research.
- To work together as a team to promote interdisciplinary networking.
- Media Lab: Preparation of various culture media , sterilization of various articles and quality control
- BACTERIOLOGY: Culture, identification and sensitivity of isolates obtained from various clinical samples and AMR pattern analysis and reporting.
- WATER BACTERIOLOGY: Bacteriological examination of water samples.
- AIR BACTERIOLOGY: Air surveillance for quality of air in OT, ICU ,Burn Unit, Labour room and Wards
- MYCOBACTERIOLOGY:AFB staining and culture of various specimens
- CDST: CBNAAT for various clinical samples, routine culture and ZN staining
- MYCOLOGY: Wet mount, staining and fungal culture of various specimens
- SEROLOGY: HBsAg, Widal , Rheumatoid Factor test, Weil felix , Antistreptolysin O, C Reactive Protein, Venereal disease research laboratory /Rapid Plasma Reagin , Hepatitis C Virus .
- ICTC LAB: Counselling & HIV testing
- VRDL: PCR for: Influenza A(H1N1) Pdm 2009,Influenza A(H3N2), Influenza B(Victoria, Yamagata),HCV(Viral load Under NVHCP) IgM Elisa for: Scrub Typhus, Hepatitis A Virus, Hepatitis E Virus, Hepatitis C Virus, Leptospira, Chikungunya, Herpes Simplex Virus -I and II ,Cytomegalo virus ,Measles, Mumps ,Rubella, West nile, Parvo B19, Human Papilloma Virus Varicella Zoster Virus ,Anti Hepatitis B Core antigen ,Dengue Ag Elisa for: Hepatitis B surface Ag, Astro stool , Rota Stool, Noro stool , Adeno stool, NS-1 Ag(dengue)
- PARASITOLOGY: Examination of stool for protozoa and helminthes & peripheral smears for various blood parasites.
- HOSPITAL INFECTION CONTROL: Disinfectant testing and environmental surveillance
- Research Lab: Research Microscope for identification of microorganism using various modes of microscopy.(Bright field, Dark field, Fluorescent, Phase contrast)
- STAINING TECHNIQUES: Gram staining, Z.N. staining, Albert staining, Giemsa staining, Spore staining,India Ink staining
- EMERGENCY SERVICES: Clinical consultation on hospital infection control programmes, Water Sample testing , H1N1 testing, Outbreak investigation and lab investigations for other emergencies in various sections of Microbiology.
- Training on laboratory techniques for various categories.
- Investigation of epidemics.
|#||Photo||Name||Qualifications||Designations||Email ID||Date of Joining||Awards|
|1||Dr. Subhash Chand Jaryal||
|Professor and Heademail@example.com||14-08-2000||
Best ICTC of the state for the year 2019
|2||Dr. Anuradha Sood||
|3||Dr.(Mrs) Savita Mahajan||
MSc Zoology, MSc Clinical Microbiology(DEP), PhD
|4||Mrs. Madhu Chauhan||
|5||Dr. Isampreet Kaur||
|#||Name||Qualification||Date of Joining|
|1||Dr. Anuradha Chaudhary||
|2||Dr. Ravi Brar||
|3||Dr. Gurpreet Banga||
|#||Name||Date of Joining|
|1||Dr. Minu Bali||27-May-2017|
|2||Dr. Meenakshi Tamrakar||01-May-2018|
|3||Dr. Aditya Rana||01-May-2018|
|4||Dr. Veetheeanveshna Gupta||17-May-2018|
|5||Dr. Anjali Sharma||01-May-2019|
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/html/wp-content/themes/rpgmc-child/single-departments.php on line 444
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/html/wp-content/themes/rpgmc-child/single-departments.php on line 463
MBBS 2ND PROF. - TWO BATCHES
B.Sc. MLT - Three Batches
|#||Name||Number of labs|
Competency based under graduate curriculum
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/html/wp-content/themes/rpgmc-child/single-departments.php on line 517