Department of Microbiology
- Introduction of Department
- Facilities of Department
- Faculty Members
- Faculty Residents
- Department Publications
The development of Microbiology as a scientific discipline dates from Louis Pasteur (1822-95). A number of scientists from this field have been awarded the Nobel Prize, which is evidence of the positive contribution made to human health by the science of Microbiology. Medical Microbiology is that section of Medicine which deals with the study of microorganisms and their role in human health and diseases.
The second government Medical College (Dr. RPGMC, Kangra at Tanda) of the state was established to cater to the needs of the people of the district Kangra and other surrounding districts. The department of Microbiology was set up in November; 1997. Department of Microbiology is located in the left-wing of the 2nd floor of Dr. B.C. Roy, Para clinical Block.
- To provide state-of-the-art diagnostic Microbiology services for the diagnosis of various infectious diseases
- To achieve excellence in medical education and research activities .
- To provide service effectively as measured by cost and turn around time.
- To do innovative research appropriate to the local needs.
- To provide round the clock emergency services pertaining to DRPGMC&H Kangra at Tanda and to adjoining health institutes.
- To incorporate new curriculum for UG/PG as per NMC guidelines which includes newer concepts in teaching like micro teaching , E teaching and development of skill labs.
- To upgrade clinical lab services by getting accreditation of labs by NABL and setting up at least one BSL –III level laboratory.
- To integrate laboratories to OPD/IPD/remote areas by use of telecommunication facilities.
- To be able to meet the requirement of additional manpower keeping in view expanding workload of laboratory staff and faculty.
- To facilitate research development by optimum use of central research facilities along with collaboration with other research centres.
- To encourage faculty members and ministerial staff for research projects.
Our Mission is to develop compassionate and ethically sound health professionals and to provide service of the highest order across the health care continuum, through
- Innovations in education that yield lifelong learners and leaders in health care.
- Original research in basic sciences and patient oriented discoveries.
- Encouraging creative young minds to reach their fullest potential.
- Clinical transformation across the organization that is patient centred, safe, effective, accountable and transparent.
- Emphasis on quality and value in all endeavours.
- To uphold truth, integrity, honesty, tolerance, and accountability as our guiding principles.
- To promote creative, innovative and inventive research in Medical Microbiology for the benefit of all.
- To develop meritocracy and teamwork in research and practice.
- To nurture responsible professionalism through a culture of mentorship.
- To practice good management of resources in training and research.
- To work together as a team to promote interdisciplinary networking.
- Media Lab: Preparation of various culture media , sterilization of various articles and quality control
- BACTERIOLOGY: Culture, identification and sensitivity of isolates obtained from various clinical samples and AMR pattern analysis and reporting.
- WATER BACTERIOLOGY: Bacteriological examination of water samples.
- AIR BACTERIOLOGY: Air surveillance for quality of air in OT, ICU ,Burn Unit, Labour room and Wards
- MYCOBACTERIOLOGY:AFB staining and culture of various specimens
- CDST: CBNAAT for various clinical samples, routine culture and ZN staining
- MYCOLOGY: Wet mount, staining and fungal culture of various specimens
- SEROLOGY: HBsAg, Widal , Rheumatoid Factor test, Weil felix , Antistreptolysin O, C Reactive Protein, Venereal disease research laboratory /Rapid Plasma Reagin , Hepatitis C Virus .
- ICTC LAB: Counselling & HIV testing
- VRDL: PCR for: Influenza A(H1N1) Pdm 2009,Influenza A(H3N2), Influenza B(Victoria, Yamagata),HCV(Viral load Under NVHCP) IgM Elisa for: Scrub Typhus, Hepatitis A Virus, Hepatitis E Virus, Hepatitis C Virus, Leptospira, Chikungunya, Herpes Simplex Virus -I and II ,Cytomegalo virus ,Measles, Mumps ,Rubella, West nile, Parvo B19, Human Papilloma Virus Varicella Zoster Virus ,Anti Hepatitis B surface antigen Elisa ,Dengue Ag Elisa for: Hepatitis B surface Ag, Astro stool , Rota Stool, Noro stool , Adeno stool, NS-1 Ag(dengue), IgM ELISA for Dengue.
- PARASITOLOGY: Examination of stool for protozoa and helminthes & peripheral smears for various blood parasites.
- HOSPITAL INFECTION CONTROL: Water air environmental surveillance, Disinfectant testing Microbiological surveillance, outbreak investigation.
- Research Lab: Research Microscope for identification of microorganism using various modes of microscopy.(Bright field, Dark field, Fluorescent, Phase contrast)
- STAINING TECHNIQUES: Gram staining, Z.N. staining, Albert staining, Giemsa staining, Spore staining,India Ink staining
- EMERGENCY SERVICES: Clinical consultation on hospital infection control programmes, Water Sample testing , H1N1 testing, Outbreak investigation and lab investigations for other emergencies in various sections of Microbiology, COVID-19 testing, mucormycosis.
- Training on laboratory techniques for various categories both within and outside institution.
- Investigation of epidemics.
- COVID-19 testing: Real time PCR, CBNAAT, TrueNAT.
- IDSP-All IDSP related activities.
|#||Photo||Name||Qualifications||Designations||Email ID||Date of Joining||Awards|
|1||Dr. Subhash Chand Jaryal||
|Professor and Headfirstname.lastname@example.org||14-08-2000||
Best ICTC of the state for the year 2019
|2||Dr. Anuradha Sood||
|3||Dr.(Mrs) Savita Mahajan||
MSc Zoology, MSc Clinical Microbiology(DEP), PhD
|4||Mrs. Madhu Chauhan||
|5||Dr. Isampreet Kaur||
|#||Name||Qualification||Date of Joining|
|1||Dr. Anuradha Chaudhary||
|2||Dr. Ravi Brar||
|3||Dr. Gurpreet Banga||
|#||Name||Date of Joining|
|1||Dr. Meenakshi Tamrakar||01-May-2018|
|2||Dr. Aditya Rana||01-May-2018|
|3||Dr. Veetheeanveshna Gupta||17-May-2018|
|4||Dr. Anjali Sharma||01-May-2019|
|5||Dr. Meenakshi Tamrakar||01-May-2018|
|6||Dr. Bhanu Kanwar||02-Sep-2020|
|7||Dr. Daaman Thakur||07-Aug-2020|
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/html/wp-content/themes/rpgmc-child/single-departments.php on line 444
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/html/wp-content/themes/rpgmc-child/single-departments.php on line 463
MBBS 2ND PROF. - TWO BATCHES
B.Sc. MLT - Three Batches
|#||Name||Number of labs|
Competency based under graduate curriculum
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/html/wp-content/themes/rpgmc-child/single-departments.php on line 517
Department Highlights (Past 2 Years)
Rana Aditya, Jaryal SC, Sood Anuradha, Chaudhary Anuradha, Kaur Isampreet, Gupta Veetheeanveshna, Tamrakar Meenakshi, Sharma Anjali. Multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumanni: A rapidly emerging pathgen in the Health care setting. Indian Journal of applied research Volume-10 issue-5th May, 2020
Tamrakar Meenakshi Sood Anuradha Jaryal SC Chaudhary Anuradha Rana Aditya Gupta Veetheeanveshna Sharma Anjali Bacteriological study of drinking water: A study from the North India in Indian Journal of applied research volume-10 issue-3rd March, 2020
Anil Kumar Verma, Anuradha Sood, Anil Chauhan, Rajeev Tulli, Subhash Chand Jaryal Profile of fungal keratitis in a Sub-Himalayan territory of north India. Asian J Ophthalomol. 2021; 17:356-364
Sharma Shaifali, Sood Anuradha*, Chauhan Smriti, Thakur Kamlesh, Sharma Tarun, Microbiological analysis of pleural fluids: a study from Dr.rajendra prasad government medical college , kangra at Tanda(Himachal Pradesh, India).Indian journal of medical Research and Pharmaceutical Sciences-5(4),2018,34-39
Sharma Tarun,Sood Anuradha et al.Clinical profile of hepatitis E Patients during an out break in kangra town of Sub Himalyan region.Journal of emergency and truma care 2018;3 (3.2)pg.1-3
Clinical profile of hepatitis E Patients during an outbreak in kangra town of Sub Himalyan region. Sharma Tarun,Sood Anuradha et al Journal of emergency and truma care 2018;3 (3.2)pg.1-3
Infection prevention and waste disposal. Auradha Sood, Tarun Sharma, Aradhana Sharma. In: Alok Sharma. Labour room emergency. 1st edition. Singapore Springer, 2019; P 11-17
Biomedical waste management rules. Anuradha Sood, Smriti Chauhan, SC Jaryal. In: Alok Sharma. Obstetrics algorithums in clinical practice. 1st edition Jaypee brothers; 2020. P 1-3
Madhu Chauhan et al. Spectrum of Fungal Isolates of Clinical Specimens from a Tertiary Care Hospital of North India.IJSR vol & Issue 4, April 2019.
A.Abrol Mahajan Savita et al. Awareness and practices regarding biomedical waste management among health care workers in a tertiary care hospital in Himachal Pradesh IJMR Jan-March 2019:6(1)92-96
Kaur Isampreet et al. Clinico-microbiological aspects of tinea corporis in North India: emergence of Trichophyton tonsurans. International Journal of Research in Dermatology.Jan-march 2019/vol5/issue 1
Chaudhary Anuradha Comparing diagnostic accuracy of CB-NAAT and ZN staining in diagnosis of Pulmonary and Extra-pulmonary Tuberculosis cases at tertiary care teaching hospital of north India. Innovative Journal of Medical and Health Science;Vol 9 issue,636-645(2019)
Banga Gurpreet et al.Prevalence of “ Superbugs” the Carbapenam resistant gram negative organisms in a tertiary care hospital. International Journal of Contemporary Medical Research, Volume 6 | Issue 3 |March 2019
Kumar Narender, Sood Anuradha et al. Assessment of Influenza Virus Infection in rural tertiary care hospital in north india.Two years of data analysis at Dr..Rajendra prasad government medical college , kangra at tanda(Himachal Pradesh, India).Indian Journal of Microbiology Research 2019;6(4)
Nath Kailash, Sood Anuradha et al.R factor as measure of severity in scrub typhus –Anew usable tool .International journal of scientific research 2019;9(10);68-69
Malik MMU, Gothecha L K , Verma AP, Raza A. Role of Ultrasonography in urinary tract. 2019; 3 (4): 8-12.
Raza A, Chaudhary, M, Devi, S. Overview of malaria parasite and its prevention in India. Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Research. 2019; 8 (1): 71-76.
Raza A. Healthcare-Associated & Hospital Acquired Infection and its Infection Control.
International Journal of Scientific Research and Engineering Development. 2019; 2(1): 6-16.
Saxena V, Shenoy MM, Devrari JC, Pai V. A mycological study of tinea corporis: A changing epidemiological trend from Trichophyton rubrum to Trichophyton mentagrophytes in India. Indian Journal of Dermatology Venereology and Leprology 2020; 86(5): 607.
Devrari JC, Pai V. Characterization of various virulence properties of drug-resistant Klebsiella isolates: An in vitro study among “superbugs”. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2018; 11(4):138-142.
Devrari JC, Saxena V, Pai V. A mycological study of clinical samples from suspected mycoses in a tertiary care hospital. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research 11(4):267-270.