Department of Pulmonary Medicine
- Introduction of Department
- Facilities of Department
- Faculty Members
- Syllabus details
- Departmental Activities
The Chest & TB unit (Now Pulmonary Medicine) was first started in November 1997 with the recruitment of one faculty member as lecturer in the department of General Medicine. Later on department expanded with two faculty members and one registrar.
It was the year 2004 when independent Chest & TB(Now Pulmonary Medicine) department established after the joining of faculty member as Professor on 16 November 2004. The department of Chest & TB (Now Pulmonary Medicine) at that time was a small unit with 16 INDOOR beds and functional respiratory lab having spirometer only.
In the year 2005 vide order No. HFW-H (DRPGMC) 7/97-4357-59 Dated 21 May 2005 from the office of the Principal, Dr.R.P. Govt. Medical college, Tanda, directed the Head of Department Chest & TB to take over charge of the Rai Bahadur Jodha Mal TB Sanatorium and start functioning as Department of Pulmonary Medicine.
Since then department of Pulmonary Medicine is working in that building of Rai Bahadur Jodha Mal TB Sanatorium with 40 teaching beds. In the year 2007 diagnostic Fiber Optic Bronchoscopy was started. In the same year Respiratory Lab equipped with latest Spirometer and Arterial Blood Gas analyzer.
B. PEOPLE WHO CONTRIBUTED IN ESTABLISHING THE DEPARTMENT:
Dr. K.S. Bhatia 2004 to 2010.
Dr. Rana J.S. 1997 to 2008.
Dr. Malay Sarkar 2000 to 2005.
Dr. Rekha Bansal 2007 to 2019.
Dr. D.S. Dadhwal 2003 to 2006, Jan 2009 to Nov. 2016 & Aug. 2018 to till Date.
The Department of Pulmonary Medicine is located near the Emergency department of Deen Dayal Upadhayay Hospital of Dr. R.P.G. Medical College Kangra at Tanda.
Upgradation of Respiratory Lab to have:
Airborne Infection Isolation Facilities.
Lung Diffusion Study
Lung Volume Study
Bronchoscopy Suit up gradation to have
Airborne Infection Isolation facilities
Portable Intubation bronchoscope
Thoracoscopy Semi rigid
Portable USG for intervention.
To establish separate ward for Non-infectious Pulmonary patients.
To establish separate Respiratory Intensive Care Unit (RICU) for better management of critically ill pulmonary patients.
To establish DOTS Plus ward with 10 beds having Airborne Infection Isolation facilities.
Pul. Medicine – 1(Non Communicable Disease Ward)
Pul. Medicine – 2 (Communicable Disease Ward)
Pulmonary TB Ward
- OPD - 3 Days/per Week
- INDOOR - 40 Beds
- Bronchoscopy (Tuesday & Thursday)
OPD- 3 Days/Week
Bronchoscopy 2 Days/week
Spirometery - 6 Days/Week
(2:00 PM to 4:00 PM)
Asthma/COPD - Monday
Lung Cancer Clinical - Wednesday
- ABG analysis
- Non Invasive Positive Pressure Ventilators
- Intercostals Drainage Facilities
- Pleural Biopsy
- Lung Biopsy
- Pleural Aspiration
|#||Photo||Name||Qualifications||Designations||Email ID||Date of Joining||Awards|
|1||Dr. D.S. Dadhwal||
|Professor and Head|
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/html/wp-content/themes/rpgmc-child/single-departments.php on line 463
UNDER GRADUATE TEACHING
1. Introduction to the respiratory system.
2. Approach to the patient with respiratory complaints.
3. Asthma – Definition, Pathology & Pathogenesis
4. Asthma – Clinical Features, Diagnosis & Management.
5. Bronchiactesis & Lung Abscess.
6. COPD – Definition, Pathology & Pathogenesis
7. COPD – Clinical Features, Diagnosis & Management.
8. Aerosol Therapy.
9. Respiratory Failure & Corpulmonale.
10. Pneumonia – community acquired
11. Pneumonia – compromised host.
12. Pleural Effusion & Empyema.
13. Lung Cancer.
14. Interstitial Lung Diseases.
17. Pulmonary Thrombo-embolism.
18. Sleep Disorders.
19. Tuberculosis – History, Pathology & Pathogenesis.
20. Tuberculosis - Clinical Features, Diagnosis & Management.
21. Tuberculosis – Principal of ATT.
22. Tuberculosis – RNTCP.
3. DOTS Plus.
5. Lung Diffusion Study.
6. Lung Volume Study.
8. Arterial Blood Gas Analysis.
9. Non- Invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation.
10. Lung Cancer.
11. Tobacco Smoking.
PARAMEDICAL STAFF/ STUDENTS
1. RNTCP Training/Sensitization.
2. Aerosol Therapy- Technique & Advantage.
3. Chest Pain – How to approach the patient in emergency.
4. Tuberculosis – Myths & Facts.
5. Asthma & COPD - Myths & Facts.
|#||Name||Number of labs|
Competency based under graduate curriculum
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/html/wp-content/themes/rpgmc-child/single-departments.php on line 517
Department Highlights (Past 2 Years)
World COPD Day - 18 November
World Asthma Day - 04 May
Anti-Smoking Day - 31 May
World TB Day - 24 March